- A First Degree of a United Kingdom Higher Education Institution. This must be 2.2 or above. (Achieved or pending).
- At the time of application, already have achieved GCSE or O-Level grade C or above in English, Mathematics and Science. From Summer 2017 the grades required under the new GCSE are 4-9.
- Has recent experience of working with children in a UK school or other setting, e.g. nursery. This must be at least 10 days within the last academic year.
We also look for people who:
- Convey commitment and enthusiasm to teaching in the primary age range.
- Articulate clear and appropriate reasons for wanting to teach primary children.
- Use a referee who can strongly recommend the applicant is suitable to train as a teacher.
If successful on interview day, applicants also need to complete the QTS Skills Tests for English and Mathematics within 2 months of acceptance date. Click here to register to book QTS Skills Tests.