Interviews take place at Truro College or our partnership schools and include written tests in literacy and numeracy for those applicants who have not yet passed the professional skills tests.
The application form and interview process is designed to assess suitability to teach and will focus on the applicant’s:
- Commitment to the teaching profession and improving the lives of young people;
- Enthusiasm for the chosen subject and a capacity to inspire learners;
- Awareness of current educational issues;
- Intrinsic passion for learning;
- Commitment to own professional development;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish effective relationships with both pupils and adults;
- Flexibility and a willingness to act upon advice;
- Emotional and physical resilience and readiness for hard work.