- A First Degree of a United Kingdom Higher Education Institution (Achieved or pending) with honours class 2.2 or an equivalent qualification.
- All entrants must have achieved a minimum of a grade C/Level 4, or equivalent standard, in English, Science and Mathematics. Qualifications in key and functional skills at level 2 may represent the same level of attainment as GCSE grade C/Level 4 and above in the national qualifications framework (NQF). However, they are not equivalent to GCSEs in terms of content, and applicants with key and functional skills certificates but without GCSEs at grade C or above in English, Science and Mathematics are advised to take the equivalency tests. For equivalency information visit: www.equivalencytesting.com or www.3atutors.co.uk
We also look for people who:
- Convey commitment and enthusiasm to teaching in the primary age range.
- Articulate clear and appropriate reasons for wanting to teach primary children.
- Have a strong recommendation to train as a primary school teacher from an appropriate referee.
If successful on interview day, applicants also need to complete the QTS Skills Tests for English and Mathematics within around 12 weeks of acceptance date. Click here to register to book QTS Skills Tests.